We will share goals on Mondays. You can sign up at any of the host blogs (Jaime, Alison, Katy, Erin). Don't forget to hop around to encourage other participants!
Goals from last week:
- Tackle the middle chapters of my WIP, craft new scene COMPLETE!
- Work in feedback from critique group COMPLETE!
- Potentially join a Savvy Authors plotting workshop I passed on this.
- Start reading The Truth About Alice for the Fierce Reads author tour COMPLETE!
Goals for this week:
- I REALLY want to complete my current draft and send to readers by June 30. It's ambitious though. I'm going for it! My minimum will be 5 chapters.
- Write synopsis of WIP. Potentially enter in 2 RWA contests (material ready except synopsis)
One word that sums up revisions for the week:
- Swoon :)
- Working out which scenes to keep, which to cut. My critique group helped with brainstorming and I feel much better about the direction.
- I took headshots with a photographer yesterday! Yayy! Changes to my blog upcoming with a shiny new design and photo. I'm sticking with blogger for the time being since it works for me.
- I just found out I will be a mentor with this year's Pitch Wars! Brenda Drake runs contests for writers (one of which I participated in 2012). More to come on that, and some chatter going on now under #PitchWars on twitter.
Happy writing/reading/revising this week! Let me know how you're doing in the comments.